Thursday, May 15, 2008

2 Down, 48 to Go

California just lifted the ban on gay marriage!

In a monumental victory for the gay rights movement, the California Supreme Court overturned a voter-approved ban on gay marriage Thursday in a ruling that paves the way for allowing same-sex couples in the nation's biggest state to tie the knot.
Congratulations California. This is fantastic!

If you're a Californian couple wanting to get married. Go right on ahead! Spread the love and equality! This is my 300th post and I am overjoyed I get to celebrate it with this post!

From Tony Kushner's Angels in America:
"The world only spins forward. We will be citizens. The time has come."

5 comments:

bigislandjeepguy said...

woo hoo! i'm goin' to cali to get married!

oh. i need a partner first.

damn.

hey, i have a great idea that would make all the wackos heads spin.

i'm gonna marry my DOG!

(it is, after all, the gays end game, yea? i just wish the dog was a better kisser.)

Anonymous said...

Apparently, we need to wait 30 days for those new marriage license forms to get printed and sent to registrars. They want to take out the whole bride/groom wording thing. Seriously, that's the story.

If you've got time, you should read the opinion. Long, but worth it. The majority's opinion is quite uplifting.

My man says he'll marry me (again). He said he'll marry me as often as necessary until America gets it right. We've been together 14 years now.

I am somewhat embarrassed to admit I've cried several times today. 42 years old and still I hadn't given up hope.

Anonymous said...

Careful friends we lost it for our party last time with this same trick.

Unknown said...

eww! who would want to marry or even kiss a boy.

(Don't mind me i'm just jaded)

Greg said...

Let's hope the petition that the anti-equality people have doesn't do it's job. I know that the Governator is now giving his support to gay marriage so keep your fingers crossed that this will deter the marriage foes.