Thursday, December 6, 2007

Wedding

Photo courtesy of Joe.My.God via Dr. Jeff
Awwww!
Joe Birdsong, owner of Rapture Cafe, promised the readers and attendees of last night's Reading for Filth that there would be a huge surprise at the end of the evening. And man did he deliver!

Last night I witnessed my first gay/trans wedding and it was a wonderful thing to suddenly be a part of. This wasn't some kind of ceremony, or unionization or "ring giving" this was a full-on wedding. And you know what, conservatives? The world didn't come to an end. Heterosexuals did not feel like their marriage carried less "sanctity" and everyone gay/straight/trans/black/white applauded.

It's just love, people. Simple love.
Congratulations and best wishes to the happiest and healthiest!

4 comments:

Mark said...

wow that's pretty amazing. wish i could have made it.

Unknown said...

It was a wonderful ceremony. I'm glad my photo is making its way around the net. :)

Birdie said...

Eric, since I can't fly in to hear what you read, could you post a link to it? (I clicked the "HIV" tag but could only access a few informational posts. Good reading, but not what you read at the Rapture Cafe. Blogger wouldn't let me backclick further.)

Wish I coulda been there.

Birdie

Anonymous said...

I stood next to you at the cafe when they got married. May i have your hand? lol