Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Friday: Drag Me Out

Kicking and Screaming
So I was in Provincetown for a week and as everyone knows PTown is a place for fun, celebration, silliness and camp. Nothing more and nothing less.

I've never done drag before and I don't even know if one would consider my ten minute walk through a house party in a leather dress as official drag, but regardless it was the first time I said, "oh what the fuck," and let some stellar, creatively-minded, kind-hearted fashion queens dress me up like I was their Freshman year fashion project.

I knew photos were being taken and I knew the inevitable Facebook upload was waiting just around the corner. I asked that they not tag me. But I knew sooner than later the tagging would happen so rather than hide from it I'm deciding to simply own it. What's the big deal anyway? It's just a man in a dress.

So yes, I zipped myself up, pranced around the house and tried my best to do any and all kinds of catwalk struts. For at least two minutes I held on to a comrade's shoulder as I wobbled through learning process of the knack of heel, toe - heel, toe stepping. And you know what? It felt fabulous.

That's right. My hairy ass got into a leather tight mini skirt zip up dress, I threw a fur bracelet on my left wrist, and walked like the world was mine and if you have a problem with this, then you can talk to the spike of my size 12 patent leather black high heel.

Werk.

15 comments:

Jimbo3DC said...

When you don't shave when you're in drag, we call that 'booger drag'.

I want that outfit for Halloween.
Can I borrow that top?

evilganome said...

You go girl!

bstewart23 said...

Gurl, you FINE!

mhutchin said...

You look hot in anything. :-)

RG said...

Seriously, regardless of the outfit - you do look hot, all tanned 'n stuff.

bigislandjeepguy said...

i am betting you had everyone where you went all worked up.

Dano said...

wow. first time i think i've ever lusted after a man in a dress.

Daniel said...

Good on you for owning it!
And for being lighthearted enough just do it!
Must have been fun...

Grumblor said...

I love the pube bracelet.

lindajames said...

you look like a she wolf fresh out of the closet.

ewe said...

You gotta put at least a little paint on you face next time. That is a great accomplishment because lemme tell you somethin you now know...YOU ARE MAN ENOUGH TO BE A WOMAN!!! clickety clack.

DavidRay said...

butch queen first time in drag!

Brettcajun said...

I only did drag ONE time for Southern Decadence in New Orleans. The only reason why was because I was in love with this bad boy who made me do it. I think you look sexy!

David said...

Oh no. No no no no no. That's just all kinds of wrong. You are a hot man, but heavens preserve us, at least put a wig or a hat on next time. Well, you did try and I give you props for that.

Blogger said...

Do you need free Instagram Followers and Likes?
Did you know that you can get them ON AUTOPILOT AND ABSOLUTELY FREE by getting an account on Like 4 Like?