Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Nothing Sacred: brought to you by America

"Peanuts! Popcorn!"
I've been having a field day on Facebook today posting snarky comments on the Michael Jackson show Funeral and how low I think it is. Below is a sampling. Oh, and in case you're wondering - Yes, I do think I'm pretty fucking funny:

Michael Jackson's funeral brought to you by HyperMegaGlobal Corp!

Michael Jackson's Funeral: Streaming to you live in 3D! The D is for "dead." Brought to you by Swifer and CitiBank!

Michael Jackson's Funeral: "And now one of the highlights of our show (ahem) funeral!! The showcase of Pop Stars born AFTER the bulk of his greatest hits. Everyone round of applause for Carrrrrrrrrrrrie Underrrrrrwood!" Brought to you by Nexium and Jesus*TM
!

Michael Jackson's Funeral: Brought to you by Joel Osteen Ministries and Farmland Eggs - "Just beat it!"

6 comments:

bstewart23 said...

I'm deeply disappointed the stage wasn't stormed by crazy fans, the coffin pried open and souvenir body parts not torn off for sacred worship.

Pass the Jesus Juice, y'all.

kiltmaker said...

Thank Goddessness! A place to openly vent/share my open disdain for the while MJ McCircus®.

Sorry, kids: Poor, discombobulated Michael died along with his career many years ago.

We have all suffered to some extent in our lives, and he was no exception. I personally think that death would be a relief for such a seemingly troubled, overexposed life.

I hope you're happy, wherever you are.

Jujupiter said...

I couldn't agree more.

I was a bit surprised, though, that he didn't come out of the golden "pharaoh coffin". I though it would have been a damn good stage entrance for "Thriller". Everyone would have been crying and agreed on how much Mickael Jackson is such a genius, blah blah blah...

AJohnP said...

I agree with you all 100%...I'm so happy to know that I Am Not Alone.

Rami said...

I don't really understand what your point is with this post. Are you trying to say that people unfairly profited from tragedy? are you commenting on whether it should or should not have been the spectacle that it was? are you venting because you are tired of hearing about it? just wondering.

TheOccasionalFag said...

I just got the skinny from my sister-in-law that many entertainment insiders are talking about how Michael was worth more dead than alive and was probably murdered. Proof? I have none, and I could actually give a shit. I thought he had committed suicide because his nose was falling off and he was chemically castrated at the age of twelve. Who knows...